Monday, October 18, 2010

Inspiring You, Days 11-13

It was a very busy weekend. Another six day work week for me pushed aside my desire for getting any writing done and housework. I am seeking better ways to accomplish my goals both for writing and for household/family issues.

My report for this weekend is an increase from 3,119 words to 3,657 words. I wrote some of those during church... just jotting down quick notes about the story while jotting down scriptures and listening to the sermon. I feel bad admitting that... and I promise, I did hear the message. I suppose when I am able to be still and sit quietly, that is when my thoughts can increase and become productive. Another plus of the church service was that we sang The Solid Rock. Within that hymn is the potential title of my book, Sinking Sand... Love that hymn although it is not the easiest to sing with all of its change in tempo.

Anyway, I'm so excited for all of you who wrote so much this weekend. Keep it up!

What's your current report?

6 comments:

Cindy R. Wilson said...

I really admire people who can work outside of the home and still find time - and passion - for writing.

Between a broken washing machine, a broken hot water heater, and a sick kiddo, this weekend was...challenging on the writing front. It was also expensive! :)

But, because I had extra time during the week, I ended up at just over 40 K and my goal for this month is 45 K so I'm happy and excited to keep working :)

Dianna Shuford said...

Way to go Cindy! And Christy! Any addition to the word count is progress. Don't let discouragement get a foothold just because you did or didn't meet your word count goal for a specific period of time. I'm a prime example....word count is still zero.

But, my house has been cleaned for my writer's cell group meeting tomorrow evening and I've been in attendance at both of my son's football games. Oh, and did I mention I'm finally caught up at work? (Well, sort of.) AND, I think I've lost a little over 10 lbs. **Yippee**

Unknown said...

Congrats Christy and Cindy! I know I haven't met you Dianna or Cindy, but Christie decided to torture herself and invite me to blog here. So, my writing count was zero too. I got my laundry done, but a lot of my weekend was taken up with "mom moments". I did talk to my sister and I have a goal, so I'm not giving up. I have two days until my own deadline. I'll make it...come hook or by crook! :)

Christy LaShea said...

Congrats Cindy - There may be a prize winning Office store gift card coming to you at the end of this month!!!

And I'm sorry about the appliance issues. We had a water heater go out a couple of weeks ago. I was thankful to have caught the leak before it flooded the house ;)

Christy LaShea said...

Dianna, Thanks for your encouraging words! Have fun at the cell group tonight. Send those ladies this way if they are needing to be held accountable for their writing! I know you will get back to your writing soon.

Christy LaShea said...

Woo Hoo, Sherrie! Cheering you on, girl!

You all, this is so much fun for me... Keeping up with our writing goals is a positive way to keep our days filled with good things and keep the negative out. For those of us that are working outside of the home, we may be working outside of the home for a long time, even after we are published, but how many people can say that they've followed a dream? Not many. Ladies, that is what we are doing! Keep it up!

Finalist!

I've always enjoyed reading historical novels. As a child I actually imagined living in the mid 1800s. My grandmother fed my imaginatio...