Sunday, December 30, 2012

It's been a while...

There's a song that starts out with these words it's been a while. I love the song. It's by a rock band and it's a ballad/rocker song...

Of course the name of the band has completely left my mind at the moment. If anyone knows the band I'm talking about, feel free to supply me the information.

For me, it has been a while since I've written on this blog. It's been about as long since I've written on a manuscript. 2012 proved to be a good year, full of changes and full of challenges for me. I believe it is the combination of these changes that caused me to lose my focus and to slip away from writing.

I miss writing. I have scenes in my head but when I come to the computer, nothing seems right. I keep telling myself that I can't edit a blank page, yet, the page remains blank...

As we go into the new year, I'm optimistic that my old self will return. That I'll rise early and write. That the issues I dealt with in 2012 will dissipate.

I've got a couple of goals that I'd like to meet as I face 2013... It's been a while since I've done any of these things, so I'm hoping by stating them publicly that it will help me reach my goals.

OK, Here they are....

1)  Cook a meal every Sunday.  (We eat out during the week waayyyy too much. I'm hoping Sunday will provide togetherness for my family, and leftovers for Monday.)

2) Walk every day during my lunch break.  (I think the extra activity will help clear my mind and help take off some of the extra pounds I'm carrying ;)

3) Write something, anything, every day.  Perhaps I'll blog here a day or so. Maybe I'll blog once a month on www.thefaithgirls.com. Perhaps I'll work on a new story.

Three goals.... That's what I'd like to accomplish in 2013. These are the habits I want to make new and make a part of my life. What about you? Are you setting goals, or trying to make changes?

12 comments:

Julie Jarnagin said...

Happy New Year!

Jenni McKinney said...

Hi Christy! Happy New Year! I have very similar resolutions: write every day, eat at home more, walk during lunch. :) Oh, and attend the RWA conference this summer in Atlanta! Hope you are doing well.

Christy LaShea said...

Happy New Year Julie! I commented from my phone last night - or - I thought I did!

Christy LaShea said...

Happy New Year Jenni! Very cool we have similar goals! And yes, I should have added that 4th goal of RWA ATL this year!!! I'm going to be there! Can't wait to see you!

Lindi said...

Christy, Love the new look!! And you are so right about doing things along the way. i love your goals you are setting. I remember taking a year and a half off from writing at one point and I read the Bible all the way through for the first time. It was time I needed to do just that.

Can't wait for your 2013--it's going to be amazing!

Christy LaShea said...

Lindi you are a wonderful encourager!

Unknown said...

follback my blog http://poetricphotos.blogspot.com

tya6i said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tya6i said...

play bazaar best website for check Satta King result

ali said...

Instead of blasting the air conditioner to keep cool in summer, wear clothes made from naturally cooling fabrics. Natural fibers like cotton can absorb moisture from your skin, helping you feel cooler. You can also try wearing lighter colors, they help you feel cooler, lessening your need for artificial cold air.bhakti Bhajan

Daily Satta King said...


I suppose that is an informative claim and it's far rather beneficial and knowledgeable. consequently, i might finally to thank you for the undertakings that you have made in writing this text. all of the content is truly adeptly-researched. thanks.

Read More:- Satta King

Guru Satta King said...

Your Site is very nice, and it's very helping us this post is unique and interesting, thank you for sharing this awesome information. and visit our site also Sattaking

Finalist!

I've always enjoyed reading historical novels. As a child I actually imagined living in the mid 1800s. My grandmother fed my imaginatio...