Saturday, November 17, 2007

There is a God and you're not Him

Precept Ministries International held a National Women's Convention in Chattanooga, Tennessee August 2-4, 2002. I went with my mother, aunt, and two cousins. I've been going through the notes I took and I wanted to share with you my notes when Jan Silvious spoke.

These are notes, so some sentences may not be complete. There will be her quotes, followed by scripture she referenced. I intend to study her teaching and the scriptures listed and would suggest anyone reading this, that finds it interesting do the same.


Notes from Jan Silvious's lecture:

Healing - Matthew 6:6 - 34
God loves the way He made Us - Psalm 139:13, 56:13
Sins - 1John 1:9, Hebrew 7:25
Helper - John 14:25
God's Plans - Jeremiah 29:11

1Peter 2:9
Romans 8:28
Zephaniah 3:17

Quoting Jan Silvious:
Jesus comes into your life: Purpose: Base your worth on what God says - no one else.
Goings on in your life - God loves you, honors, you will be okay.
Purpose on everything that happens - the last chapter has not been written yet.
What MIGHT have been does not exist.

There is a God and you're not Him.
***************************

Christy here:
I guess I needed to read that for myself again and share it. I can't solve the problems around me. Sometimes the advice I give is wrong. My thoughts aren't always positive. Most times, I have to remind myself that God is in control and surrender it all to Him. I don't know why life takes the turns it has. I know why I made the choices I did, but I can't change those choices now.

I'm not perfect and I certainly hope no one sees me like that.

How can I stay clean in this dirty environment? I don't know. Sometimes I feel like I'm choking, that my lungs are filling up and crowding out my heart, and I'm not even a smoker.

It's hard to avoid the second-hand smoke when the environment you're bound to is filled with those who choose to light up.

We must all continue to remember that "There is a God and you're NOT Him."

No comments:

Finalist!

I've always enjoyed reading historical novels. As a child I actually imagined living in the mid 1800s. My grandmother fed my imaginatio...