Wednesday, June 20, 2007

VBS Week

This is the first time I've participated in Vacation Bible School as a volunteer.

Years and YEARS ago, I participated as a child, but barely remember what I learned or did beyond doing crafts and the fact that it was held during the day. That's all I remember.

I'm helping with the 2-3 year old class. This is my comfort zone since I'm used to wild toddlers. (Little Downey can stay busy enough to where you would think there was two or three of her instead of just one!)

Here's a recap of my week at VBS:

Manic Monday: We got started a little late. There was some confusion in the schedule because of the delay, but all in all I think it was a successful evening. We had 58 kids show up and 36 volunteers. That number puts us close to the count of how many we have in church on Sundays. I pray we'll reach some new families, and returning ones, this week.

The 2-3 year olds had fun singing and dancing to the VBS music. They liked putting stickers on their hats in crafts. They enjoyed their bible story and had fun during recreation time. I had a good time cheering them on and acting silly with them. I guess I'm a three year old at heart.


My daughter stole the show during music time. She's an expert hopper and hopped to the music. Wish I had a video camera!


Tired Tuesday:

I was probably the only one tired. The kids seemed to have a great time and they were getting used to us, so they got wilder. Or so it seemed! It was my day to do the Bible Story. Thank goodness I had another teacher to help me. I'm no teacher. I wasn't prepared, which was my fault, but I think I got the point across. Think about Jesus. Learn about Jesus.


I also wanted to share our scripture for VBS Week. The theme is Game Day Central: Hebrews 12:1-2.


And I can't stop singing the VBS song: Game Day Central! The Heros are there! Game Day Central!

I'll be back later in the week with more VBS excitement!

No comments:

Finalist!

I've always enjoyed reading historical novels. As a child I actually imagined living in the mid 1800s. My grandmother fed my imaginatio...