Friday, June 22, 2007

VBS Week - Part 2

VBS Scripture:

Hebrews 12:1-2 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Winner Wednesday:
Our group gets wilder as the week goes on. They get to play in water, have recreation time on the playground where they push each other down the slide, and they get to plant their very own flower. They are memorizing our theme song and are getting comfortable being a part of the group.

A little girl from one of the older classes accepts Christ into her heart.
That's what makes Wednesday a Winner!


Thursday:
I have decided that working in a day care center is not a career path I want to pursue. My knees hurt and my shoulder has a major pull in it!

But we're talking about VBS week!

Thursday we let them bowl. They did a hand print on a paper plate. They learned to wash dishes. They learned their scripture: Remember Jesus.
They took pompoms into the sanctuary for music time and didn't listen to the music director. They were running into each other and being wild. The end of the week is near.

No comments:

Finalist!

I've always enjoyed reading historical novels. As a child I actually imagined living in the mid 1800s. My grandmother fed my imaginatio...