Friday, July 20, 2007

Laying low and thinking

I've been around, just laying low.

I didn't check email until late last night. I read a book in my to-be-read pile and admired the way the author crafted her scenes, settings and sentences.

I've been thinking about better ways to organize my time. When do I need to write to be most productive? How can I blog regularly and still have ample time for my novel?

I'm looking forward to two writing conferences I'll attend in September. One is ACFW and the other is Moonlight & Magnolias. I'm thinking about formatting business cards and one-sheets.

And I'm trying to stay grounded. I want God to have control of my life. I want to be soothed by the fact that when I pitch my book to editors and agents I've never met before, that I'll rest assured whatever happens will be a part of God's plan for my life.

I'm taking part in an email loop for first-time conference attendees. I've seen many post on their emails that they're nervous about pitching. One guy made a good point: editors and agents are human.

I'm not nervous, at least I don't think I am. I'm looking at it as a job interview.

I used to go about life expecting the worse and hoping for the best. Because I've changed, my trust is now rooted in God's promise and love, I'm optimistic He will be with me. The best will happen, but it may not be in the time I expect. And on God's time table, it will be better than the best.

No comments:

Finalist!

I've always enjoyed reading historical novels. As a child I actually imagined living in the mid 1800s. My grandmother fed my imaginatio...