Monday, October 5, 2009

Maggie Awards, Saturday October 3, 2009


The Georgia Romance Writers held their Moonlight & Magnolias Conference this weekend and Saturday night was the Maggie awards.
A very special treat for me... my hubby came along as my date. Here we are before the Awards Ceremony.


And here are the results:

1st Place ~ Keli Gwyn, Violets & Violins

Kelli was in California and unable to attend the Maggies. She gave a wonderful acceptance speech from her cell phone, while our own GRW member, Walt, held the phone to the microphone. If I'd been using my head, I would have taken a picture of Walt holding the phone to the mic!

Congratulations, Kelli! I know we've seen you visit the FAITH blog in the past! We're celebrating with you!

2nd Place ~ Christine Johnson, The Aviatrix

3rd Place ~ Belinda Peterson, Dreaming of You


Look how beautiful she looks!!! Lindi is such a wonderful encourager! I will never forget my second GRW meeting (the first had been about 2-3 years earlier and I'd been too afraid to return until 2006). I sat down beside Lindi and she made me feel like we'd been friends forever. And then she introduced me to Missy, another great encourager, and ACFW... The rest is history. Congratulations, my friend!


4th Place ~ Cara Slaughter, Love on Assignment


Honorable Mention
~ Christy LaShea, The Bridge Between
~ Dianna Shuford, Racing Against Time



~ I was honored to have tied with my critique partner.













It was an honor to have been a Maggie finalist, especially with these two great ladies!














What are you celebrating? I'd love to learn about it and celebrate with you!

1 comment:

Julie Garmon said...

Thanks for sharing your night with us. Congratulations. Aren't friends a joy! And it's so special your hubby could come!

Love to you,
Julie

Finalist!

I've always enjoyed reading historical novels. As a child I actually imagined living in the mid 1800s. My grandmother fed my imaginatio...