Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tuesday Writing Tools: Birthday & Name Meaning


Picture thanks to This Old House.

While working on a character sketch, I ran across this interesting and fun site.

Paul Sadowski.com gives you all sorts of info about what your birthday says about you on his birthday calendar as well as what your name means across the world. The birthday calendar hit my personality to a T!

I used other birthdays for my hero & heroine and it helped me in that respect to build their personalities and make them even more real. I'd recommend using the "what does your name mean" tool if you need a little brainstorming boost to learn more about your character. The birthday calculator would work well if you've been detailed enough to assign your character a birth day. Most character sketches will list an age or birthday as something for you to fill in.

No comments:

Finalist!

I've always enjoyed reading historical novels. As a child I actually imagined living in the mid 1800s. My grandmother fed my imaginatio...