Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you all have a blessed and safe Thanksgiving weekend. We are headed to the mountains for what we hope is a peaceful few days of trout fishing and enjoying nature.

Here's a recipe that is a favorite of my family and is one of my Granny Hinton's.
This will definitely be on our table.


Hashbrown Casserole

1-2 lbs hasbrown potato, thawed
1 stick of butter (I use unsalted to control the salt :)
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1 cup cream of chicken soup
1 cup grated cheese
2 cups sour cream


Mix all ingredients except potatoes, then add potatoes and mix lightly. Put in a greased baking dish. Top with 2 cups cornflakes or crackers - crushed. Then top with 1/2 cup of melted butter. Depending on the size of your dish, this could make two dishes.

Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Finalist!

I've always enjoyed reading historical novels. As a child I actually imagined living in the mid 1800s. My grandmother fed my imaginatio...