Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Family for Faith by Missy Tippens

Today I wanted to share a book I read recently that I really enjoyed. First of all, if you are looking for a story that is short in quantity but not lacking in emotion and story, you can always find it with Harlequin's Love Inspired line.

Missy Tippen's book, A Family for Faith, is an emotion packed story about parents watching their kids grow up and letting go. It's a story about taking second chances at love. I liked how Missy addressed the issues that sometimes come up with divorced couples and a child who clings more to one parent than the other. The interesting part here was instead of the child going toward the mother, Faith's son had bonded more with his father during his teen years. I couldn't help feel a pull for Faith, because knowing how it is to love your children so much, then have a separation form is tough. Moms and Dads still love their children even if they don't see the child daily or if something has happened to put a wall between them. I found myself really rooting for Faith to find happiness.

Gabe's daughter Chelsea was really cute and likable. The author portrayed this teen girl as fun and loving and trying to speed the growing up process. She tried to do things like her mom, and that made it hard since her mom had passed away several years before. Chelsea's dad, Gabe, still held on to his wife's memory. Gabe rang true for me in the way of character because he was an overprotective father, just trying to do right by his child. Add to the fact he was a police officer which increased his protectiveness. Gabe was a lovable hero and it really tugged at my heart strings that he still loved his deceased wife so much. You just wanted him to have a second chance!

The characters were deep, multi-faceted and were easy to bond with. That's important for me when investing in a story. Missy did a great job in telling this story of these two families and of the romance between Gabe and Faith. I hope you'll consider picking this book up. It's been my favorite of all of Missy's books!







About the Book:


When Faith Hagin sees widower cop Gabe Reynolds every day in her coffee shop, she can’t help but feel for the struggling single dad. She’s raised a teenager of her own—and sadly, knows what not to do. But thanks to his matchmaking preteen daughter, Chelsea, the whole town’s praying for Gabe to find a wife!



Even though Faith thinks she’s content being just friends, spending time with him and Chelsea starts to feel like a fresh start at having a family. And their love may be the answer to everyone’s prayers.












Visit Missy and check out more of her books on her website at www.missytippens.com 

2 comments:

Missy Tippens said...

Christy, I'm so glad you liked it!! It's my favorite that's on the shelf so far. Although the next story that takes place in the same town where you'll see a few characters again (A House Full of Hope coming in Feb.), is now my favorite. :) I wonder if that'll happen with all my books? :)

Thanks for the review. I appreciate it!

Christy LaShea said...

LOL, I know, you will like the next more than the last and so on... my review didn't do the book justice. It was really, really great! Looking forward to the next one!

Finalist!

I've always enjoyed reading historical novels. As a child I actually imagined living in the mid 1800s. My grandmother fed my imaginatio...