When I received this book, Maid to Match by Deeanne Gist, I could hardly wait to read it! A while back, I was introduced to Deeanne's books through my friend Lindi. She highly recommended the books and she was right.
Maid to Match was a wonderful story about two employees of the Biltmore House in North Carolina. Tillie, a dedicated servant who'd been trained by her mother since childhood, had her eye on one thing: being Edith Vanderbilt's personal assistant. And then, there's handsome Mack, a mountain man who has become a footman at Biltmore not because he has high aspirations to move up to a Butler, but because he's trying to bring his brothers and sister back together as a family again.
I love how "real" the characters were portrayed. Just because this is Christian fiction, doesn't mean it's all fluffy and foo-foo. Mack reminds me of my husband in so many ways, such as: Mack uses his fists to settle scores. Mack cares fiercely about his family. And when he falls for Tillie, my oh my! He's fierce about his love for this woman.
Ms. Gist didn't hold back on this story. From the first page, from the first scene in the Biltmore House, I felt as though I was there. The thorough way she describes the setting, from the dress of the characters to their whole demeanor painted the picture clearly.
There are a few things you will be guaranteed to receive when you read a book by Deeanne Gist:
1. Amusing stories, with a lot of heart.
2. Cast of characters we care about. (I posted a comment on Ms. Gist's Facebook page - Please write a story about Mack's brother!!! He needs to be tamed and Deeanne is just the writer to give him the perfect story... but, alas, she replied, she doesn't like sequels... She assured me Earl met the right woman, settled down and lived happily ever after... somehow, this just isn't the same for me...)
3. Sensual romance, written tastefully, honestly, and so well you know the couple is blessed by our Heavenly Father.
4. Her hero, Mack, is all Alpha. He's tough. He fights first and apologizes later. But his heart is pliant and can be softened by the right lady.
5. Her heroine, Tillie, is a girl who loves fashion and wants to travel. She wants a family, she wants to please her family. She wants it all. We can all relate to her. But what, or whom, will she decide is most important in the end?
6. Deeann Gist books leave us wanting more!!!
Now, read a little more about Deeann's latest book, that I highly recommend!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Squeezed betwixt-and-between all this, she read romance novels by the truckload and even wrote a couple of her own. While those unpublished manuscripts rested on the shelf, she founded a publishing corporation for the purpose of developing, producing and marketing products that would reinforce family values, teach children responsibility and provide character building activities.
After a few short months of running her publishing company, Gist quickly discovered being a "corporate executive" was not where her gifts and talents lie. In answer to Gist’s fervent prayers, God sent a mainstream publisher to her door who licensed her parenting I Did It!® product line and committed to publish the next generation of her system, thus freeing Gist to return to her writing.
Eight months later, she sold A Bride Most Begrudging to Bethany House Publishers. Since that debut, her very original, very fun romances have rocketed up the bestseller lists and captured readers everywhere. Add to this two consecutive Christy Awards, two RITA nominations, rave reviews, and a growing loyal fan base, and you’ve got one recipe for success.
Her 2010 books, Beguiled and Maid To Match are now available for order.
Gist lives in Texas with her husband of twenty-seven years and their two border collies. They have four grown children. Visit her blog to find out the most up-to-the-minute news about Dee.
ABOUT THE BOOK
From the day she arrived at the Biltmore, Tillie Reese is dazzled, by the riches of the Vanderbilts and by Mack Danvers, a mountain man turned footman. When Tillie is enlisted to help tame Mack's rugged behavior by tutoring him in proper servant etiquette, the resulting sparks threaten Tillie's efforts to be chosen as Edith Vanderbilt's lady's maid, After all, the one rule of the house is no romance below stairs.
But the stakes rise even higher when Mack and Tillie become entangles in a cover-up at the town orphanage. They could both lose their jobs, their aspirations...their hearts.
If you would like to read the first chapter of Maid to Match, go HERE.
Join this SPECIAL GETAWAY (Click on the Button):