Saturday, March 21, 2009

Enemies

I thought I would share a scripture that stood out to me today. As always, the word is timely and is always what I need to hear. Our enemies may not be in the form of a person. Our enemies can take many shapes and may be something we are fighting against - be it our finances, addictions, etc...

Deuteronomy 28:7-8
7 The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways.

8 The Lord will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

(NKJV)

... My bible's commentator explains verse 7 this way, God spoke these words to a people about to learn about the danger of enemies. Yet He assured them--and us today--that no enemy can withstand His passion in standing up for those who belong to Him.
(This is from Charles Stanley's Life Principles Bible.)

No comments:

Finalist!

I've always enjoyed reading historical novels. As a child I actually imagined living in the mid 1800s. My grandmother fed my imaginatio...