Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Chill Out, Josey! by Susan May Warren

About the book:

Russia ?

Not again.

Josey's finally living the good life:
1) She's got the man, 2)The (almost-perfect) wedding, 3) The two-story Cape-Cod house of her dreams. That is until her man drags her back to Moscow !

Josey knows she has the guts to follow her own dreams across the world, but she's not so sure she can play the perfect wife while her husband chases after his. Josey's set on having the perfect life…even in a world without hot water, decent take-out and size-two leather fashion. But can she find the courage to tell her man the secret that will change their lives forever?

Buy Chill Out, Josey!

Read the first chapter!

Christy here:

Reading this book was like getting in the car with your best friend who drives way too fast. I held onto the dash the whole time, foot firmly planted on the invisible brake pedal on the passenger side. Josey was into one thing after another. Wanting the Cape Cod, to passing out in the doctor's office before her HIV test. Then, first thing I knew they were in Russia and Josey was hiding a secret from Chase that just kept getting bigger, and bigger.

Susan refers to Proverbs 31 so often, about being the Proverbs 31 wife, I looked it up. I couldn't remember what it said. I think any novel that leads you to open your Bible, is a book with impact. Whether it makes you laugh, makes you nod in agreement, makes you get all teary-eyed, it's a good book and a good author that can lead a reader to look up scripture.

Here's what Proverbs 31:10-31 says:

Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is worth more than precious rubies. Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life. She will not hinder him but help him all her life.

She finds wool and flax and busily spins it. She is like a merchant's ship; she brings her food from afar. She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plan the day's work for her servant girls. She goes out to inspect a field and buys it; with her earnings she plants a vineyard.

She is energetic and strong, a hard worker. She watches for bargains; her lights burn late into the night. Her hands are busy spinning thread, her fingers twisting fiber.

She extends a helping hand to the poor and opens her arms to the needy.

She has no fear of winter for her household because all of them have warm clothes.
She quilts her own bedspreads. She dresses like royalty in gowns of finest cloth.

Her husband is well known, for he sits in the council meeting with the other civic leaders.

She makes belted linen garments and sashes to sell to the merchants.

She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs with no fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and kindness is the rule when she gives instructions. She carefully watches all that goes on in her household and does not have to bear the consequences of laziness.

Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her: "There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!"

Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised. Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.



Meet the Author~
Susan May Warren



I can't help be amazed at the gifts God has delighted me with - a wonderful husband, four amazing children, and the opportunity to write for Him.

I've been writing as long as I can remember - I won my first book writing contest in first grade! Over the years, writing has become, for me, a way to praise God and see Him at work in my life.

Although I have a degree in Mass Communications from the University of MN , my real writing experience started when I penned the The Warren Report - a bi-monthly newsletter that detailed our ministry highlights.

Living in Russia meant I never lacked for great material - and those experiences naturally spilled out first into devotionals and magazine articles and finally into my first published story, "Measure of a Man," in the Tyndale/HeartQuest, Chance Encounters of the Heart anthology.

I grew up in Wayzata, a suburb of Minneapolis , and became an avid camper from an early age. My favorite fir-lined spot is the north shore of Minnesota - it's where I met my husband, honeymooned and dreamed of living. The north woods easily became the foundation for my first series, The Deep Haven series. Based on a little tourist town along the shores of Lake Superior . I have to admit - I'm terribly jealous of Mona, the heroine of my first full-length book, Happily Ever After, a Christy Award Finalist published in 2004 with Tyndale/Heartquest.

Our family moved home from the mission field in June 2004 -- and now we live in the beautiful town I'd always dreamed of! God has amazed me anew with His provision, and blessings -- and allowed me a season when I can write full time for Him.


Christy Here -
One last thing - Susan's running a great CONTEST. Follow this link enter your funniest, most embarrassing pregnancy story and be entered to win a Super Fabulous, Ultra Deluxe Chill Out, Mom SPA BASKET!

1 comment:

Susan May Warren said...

Hi Christy,

Great post and GREAT comments!! Nice touch putting Proverbs 31 on your post. Thanks so much for sharing my book with your readers!

Blessings,

Susan

Finalist!

I've always enjoyed reading historical novels. As a child I actually imagined living in the mid 1800s. My grandmother fed my imaginatio...